As an Abu Dhabi government entity, IFHC must ensure the protection of its scientific data and full compliance with government regulations stated in the UAE Information Assurance standard. However, achieving full compliance and increased cybersecurity maturity in a short time period has been a challenge for IFHC due to the busy work schedule of all employees. Moreover, IFHC always strives to achieve the highest level of information protection by following international standards such as ISO 27001 which made it even more challenging to follow multiple standards.
Some of the key challenges IFHC has faced in this area include the following:
- Lack of visibility into its cybersecurity posture.
- Lack of visibility about cybersecurity threats and gaps as well as implementation progress.
- Limitations of resources to continuously identify and report cybersecurity risks.
- Lack of resources to be continuously aware of new regulations applicable to the organization.
- Lack of automated process to map similar requirements across multiple regulations to reduce implementation efforts.
To address these challenges, IFHC decided to invest in a solution that could automate UAE IA and ISO 27001 compliance, ensure the effectiveness of security controls, and provide auto-mapping of all similar regulations. After conducting thorough research and weighing their options, they ultimately chose CyberArrow to manage risk, enhance cybersecurity, and comply with UAE IA and ISO 27001 standards.